This week we did many things. First we had to read two chapters from the book. We read a chapter on the Social aspect of the Internet and an chapter on pod casting, screen casting, and live video feeds. I think I would love to try and learn how to live screen shot with audio. I would like to use this with my students for when they miss a day of school or are absent. Many times they have to learn it on their own, but this would prevent that and have them watch the video and learn it on their own. This gives them two medias to learn the material before they give up and need to work with me during a different time.
The next thing we had to do was to start working on a google site. I decided to use my personal e-mail that way I can continue to keep the google site even after I am done with my master’s program. I wanted to make a site for my students. I plan to create this site to be a place they can go to for homework, important dates, or a place to find extra math practice. This will be a one stop shop for my students.
We also had to make a podcast. I decided to make mine on mean, median, mode, and range. I chose this topic because it is what I am teaching right now in 5th grade. The students seem to be struggling a lot with it. I thought that by making a podcast, it would be something that they could access at home when they get stuck as well as guide them in the classroom. Students tend to respond and engage to something that is presented in a new format. I hope this works.
These all sound like great applications of the new technologies. Have you thought of how best to deliver the content? Would you use your blog, or just link to a file stored on the service. I used the Jing Project for my screencast, and it provided an easy link to copy and send to prospective viewers. You could also embed the link
ReplyDeleteHow's the Tweeting coming? Do you think that you will bring that tool into your teaching?
ReplyDelete