Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week 4 of 530

This week our lesson was more project oriented.  I like being able to apply and use the things that I have learned and read about.  I made my story board about welcoming students to 5th grade math.  I started by introducing myself and then I told the kids what kinds of things they will learn in 5th grade.  I also told them about the WKCE, projects, and what supplies they will need in 5th grade.  I hope that when I make this presentation I will be able to actually use it next year.  I like to do things in class that have practical meaning and purposes for the classroom.
Next we had to do a presentation on what makes a good picture.  I would like to have known that this is what our pictures would have been for.  I might have made pictures that were more “pretty” or with different effects to help create a more creative photo.  I looked thought all my pictures and did not think any of them were great pictures.  But I think that is because when I took pictures I would just take a random one with my phone to be sure I got them all done and did not forget.  All in all a picture a day was easy to do, but also easy to forget to do.

4 comments:

  1. Crystal, I definitely agree with you about the picture project. I would've definitely spent more time capturing great pictures, than just random pictures. Also, it was hard to remember to take the pictures, but I did find it fun to look at all I do in a day. After doing this, do you think it is a project that you could incorporate in your classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of creating your Pecha Kucha as your introduction to the 5th grade. I am feeling somewhat uninpired when it comes to creating one in general so I chose to create one about my son. It was an easy topic for me to feel connected to. I too did not really spend a lot of time taking "pretty" photos for our assignment. I wish I would have taken better pictures. I was wondering how you felt about using prezi to present your pictures. I really enjoyed the prezi presentations but I actually ran into some annoyances when I was creating it. Do you think that you will have students use prezi in your classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you that I would have taken much more artistic pictures if I had read ahead and known what we were going to do with them. It reminds me why my students get anxious about gathering materials when i don't fully explain why they are gathering materials. This was kind of a teachable moment for me. From now on I'll try to be a little more explicit in my own directions in order to better prepare my students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree....I just took any old picture I could think of. I tried hard to get some good pics, but I still didn't think they came out that great. I found it hard to think of a picture each day because I don't really consider myself a great picture person. However, the activity pretty fun and I like thinking about which pictures were my best at the end of the 4 week period.

    ReplyDelete