Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 3 of 530

This week I struggled a lot with the power point.  I know the point of the lesson was to teach us and have us practice what we have been reading in Presentation Zen.  However, I never do presentations through power point.  This made this assignment hard for me to do and almost not practical.  I ended up redoing a Power Point on a previous project and how to modify a lesson.  I understand why we did it, but for me it was more of busy work than practical.

The other things we did this week was make an animoto video.  This was very easy!  When I was in college I used to make digital video slide shows for weddings, bar mitzvah, and other special occasions.  If I would have known about this website before it would have been very helpful!  I made a video that I can use at the beginning of the year to share with my students about who I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal,
    I get what you are saying about the Powerpoint presentation; I imagine it is more challenging since you do not use that tool regularly in your daily instruction. I can also relate to your reaction to animoto--I also have done photo collages in the past and would have loved to have a tool like this to put it all together with music!
    How, besides a way to introduce yourself to your students, do you see using animoto in your classroom? Do you forsee any applications to projects you are planning in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that you struggled with the presentation assignment. I really liked animoto as well. I thought you had a great idea with creating a video about yourself. It can be such an awkward conversation and I think that this would be a great alternative. What else do you think you could use animoto for? We had a math teacher create some cool animotos about angles in our school. The students took photos of objects around the building and labeled the types of angles. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete