Saturday, April 21, 2012

Week 4 of 565

This week we did a simulation in class.  This was fun but challenging.  My group is doing the worst out of all the groups.  We used the feedback to help try and figure out what we needed to do.  I think we could have done better if we would have had all the information on the people, game, strategies, and information before the night before.  I was unable to read any of it ahead of time because I did not see the email or postings until 10 minutes before class.  I wish I would have had it the two weeks we had off to help me understand all of the people.  Between this week and next I plan to focus more on the people and better understand the game.

Another thing we had to do this week was reflect on our own working environment.  We talked about positive vs negative environments.  We also looked at the moral of our work environments.  These were two things we did on our own.  However, in our groups we reflected upon the game we played this week and how to make changes in our work environment.  We discussed how what we think happens in the real world closely relates to the simulation.  As a group we decided to focus more on how we wanted to run the simulation next time we meet.  As a group we also think time before to work together on making a plan would help us to be more successful in the game.  I look forward to meeting with them all and continuing the simulation now that we have a better plan.

4 comments:

  1. You are right that the game would be more fulfilling with more preparation. Just like real life changes, it takes careful planning. You have to know the people involved, the social networking they do, and the steps you can take. I think we will do a lot better this next week now that we have been able to do more reading about the people and strategies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal---

    I think that on Tuesday we'll be much more apt to make progress. I believe that the simulation is certainly one that is worthwhile, it's just not easy to crack. However, now that we've had a chance to meet and discuss strategy (player profiles, activity choosing tactics, etc.), we should be able to crawl out of last place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be discouraged, I don't think any team did very well and that is probably the point. It's not easy to get the change you want or need. However, what scares me is that change is so needed in this time that we are living. If we continue to work as snails when the age of technology is coming head on in the classrooms, we are really going to be having a hard time educating this current generation as well as future generations. At least some of us understand this and are willing to move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone had that frustration feeling of wanting to move people quicker than the cards allowed. Next week will surely be better. The time sure flew by playing the game and there are only two more weeks left... YEAH!

    ReplyDelete