Monday, April 16, 2012

Week 3 of 565

The cheese in this video is a career or money. Your career will give you money like cheese to make you happy. In this video the maze is the world. If you go out and explore in the world and always keep your eye on what is happening you will be prepared for changes and ready to embrace them. In this video I can relate many of the people to the characters. We have people in my building you resist change, are worried about all the changes, and even try to hold their ground assuming they will eventually come back around to the old ways. There are also people who hang out and follow those who are wiling to change. Eventually they get sick of ll the complaining though and go off on their own. This is a neat video to make show students and to teach them how to think independently but always thinking ahead to the big picture.

We watched a video on how we think and learn. When watching this video, I found it very interesting. There were things that I never thought about or what perspective to take them in. One of the main things I thought of was how we always tend to focus on the little detail and not the whole picture. For example, in my school we focus that the WKCE score might have gone down, but we do not look at the school as a whole. The teachers of all subjects. We tend to just look at the math teachers. We should be looking at everyone and how we are all working together, how our curriculum is built and everything to help solve the problem.

We also had to read an article on being a millenial child. I am a Millenial child. I was born in 1985 and have been reading this article. There were many things that I agreed with and a few I am not 100% me. For example, when I started teaching, I would have loved to be mentored by an experienced and veteran teacher. However, I was not set up with any mentor. This made me feel less adequate and struggle more. However, I do not agree with needing to be praised all the time. I do feel that at times I would hard and would like a nice compliment at times. However, my coworkers and I are good about encouraging each other along. I do not need to feel special and get rewards for small things and everything I do. Other then that the article almost perfectly describes me. I am always trying to get ahead in my life and career. I also work hard to always incorporate technology and use it to the maximum and fullest potential. I am not at all discouraged or disappointed to call myself a part of the millenial generation. In fact, I am proud of how I am changing with the world as it changes around me.

Finally, we read chapter 4 and talked about it in our groups. Chapter 4 was about being a leader. Teachers are leaders in their classroom everyday but not always seen that way. This chapter focuses on how to be a leader. This means supporting your own leader, being a leader, and mediating conflict. When working with your own administration you need to make sure that you support them and have open communication with them. The means not to talk behind their back and be open about how you see and feel about things. When you are a leader without other following, you want to make sure you are open to having others join you. For example, personally inviting them to join you, showing them the benefits of your idea, and being open to them. Finally, as a leader you will have to deal with conflict. It is best to not take sides, be an open listener, and to make sure help the conflicting sides come to an agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment