This week for an individual assignment we had to look at websites for statistics. I thought some of the websites that we were given were very neat and had a lot of interesting facts. I found myself very into the Education of Wisconsin website. I looked at my school, the new school district we bought the house in, and also the school district i grew up in. I think it was interesting to see all the different facts they have on each and every school.
For our group project, we had to do two things. The first thing we had to do was a google trends study. We had to look at google trends and compare them. We looked at steroids in baseball and in cycling. We noticed that there tends to be a HUGE spike in baseball back when there were a bunch of guys going for a home run record. We also noticed spikes in cycling during tour de France times.
The next thing we did was compare two websites information. We looked at the IRS and the Bureau of Economics. We looked for was to find information about what the economic and tax status of people in certain areas is. We found that the Bureau was the easiest to use and most helpful. You were able to search many different ways and years to look for information. The website was also easy to use and find specific information.
No comments:
Post a Comment