These last few weeks we were looking at our data from a survey we took. Our results were very interesting. They gave us a split in gender and in which movie was the most enjoyed. We served 41 people randomly. We found it very interesting that we ended up with 21 males and 20 females. We also ended up with 21 people that liked Harry Potter and 20 that liked Lord of the Rings. I really enjoyed that we did it completely randomly, yet we still ended up with a split. We then took our results and analyzed them together as a group.
This week we also had to do a worksheet together as a group. This worksheet was the hardest one yet. It also was the most time consuming. However, we were able to finish it and I hope we did well.The last thing we had to do this week as a group was to think of a new career and job in the future. We came up with a job that teaches over facebook or other social media sites. This is kind of in the works sometimes now. We have many many people that organize and do things though social media sites.
The only thing we had to do on our own this week was to watch and read about Bill
Tancer. He is a guy who studies search results. When I learned what Bill Tancer does, I found it very interesting. The studies he does on when people are searching different things could change the way we think and shop. For example, they figured out that people are searching for Halloween costumes in July. This could make the stores start putting up Halloween costumes earlier and earlier each year. I find it really annoying when the stores up up these displays so early. For example, this year I was annoyed when they had back to school stuff up right after 4th of July. There are still 2 months left in the summer. When I went to look for something for summer (like a new hose for my house) it was hard to find because the stores were changing for the next season. Overall, I am not worried about them knowing what I look at. However, it does seem to be a private issue. I wonder how much more information they can figure out about me without me knowing. My favorite part of the whole thing was when he tried to predict who would win the dancing with the stars show. It would have been really cool if he could predict it, but he was not able to.
No comments:
Post a Comment