In this course, I have worked on many different things that I knew I needed to do and know about , but did not even begin to look into until now. This class not only helped me with my future, but with what I have needed to do for a long time. I had to create a backup to plan in case my computer crashes. This made me realize just how much I would loose if I did not have this plan and protection in place soon. I have nothing backed up for the past year or two. I keep all of my pictures and music on my computer. I would be really upset if I ever lost them I knew I needed to make a plan on how to keep all of my files, but I never did it. This class has made me do it.
Another thing that I really learned and benefited from this class was looking up all the different antivirus soft-wares that are out there. I have always used Norton and did not want to always pay for it. It seems very expensive to pay for it every year. By looking at my project and all of the other projects, I have picked a new and free antivirus. I think it is important to make sure all of your files are properly protected.
Overall, in this class I have learned a lot about the internal workings of my computer. I always would just ask someone who I knew something about computes when I needed help. I would never try to learn it on my own and assume that others advice would help me and suffice. However, after this class, I am able to know more of what people are talking about when they give me advice. I am also able to put in my own advice and make my own informed decision.
If all of the microprocessors failed, people would panic. They would think things like the world would end. Everything would also stop working. There would be no cars, no airplanes, and no electricity. It would be almost like living in the 1920’s again. However, everything we had would look current, just broken. However, if one person could control them all, they would be able to do what every they wanted. They could drive and control any car. Get into any bank or ATM and take any money that they want. They would be in control of the whole world! We would all be at their control.
Another thing that I really learned and benefited from this class was looking up all the different antivirus soft-wares that are out there. I have always used Norton and did not want to always pay for it. It seems very expensive to pay for it every year. By looking at my project and all of the other projects, I have picked a new and free antivirus. I think it is important to make sure all of your files are properly protected.
Overall, in this class I have learned a lot about the internal workings of my computer. I always would just ask someone who I knew something about computes when I needed help. I would never try to learn it on my own and assume that others advice would help me and suffice. However, after this class, I am able to know more of what people are talking about when they give me advice. I am also able to put in my own advice and make my own informed decision.
If all of the microprocessors failed, people would panic. They would think things like the world would end. Everything would also stop working. There would be no cars, no airplanes, and no electricity. It would be almost like living in the 1920’s again. However, everything we had would look current, just broken. However, if one person could control them all, they would be able to do what every they wanted. They could drive and control any car. Get into any bank or ATM and take any money that they want. They would be in control of the whole world! We would all be at their control.
Crystal-As John said, free is my favorite price! I can say that I have never paid for antivirus software. Honestly, I am surprised that people still buy Norton with so many free options. I'm glad you have been able to research and choose a new antivirus and I hope you are happy with the one you chose.
ReplyDeleteAs always, with great power comes great responsibility. The power of computers also comes with the responsibility of keeping all of that information safe. That means backups and anti-virus. We would not be able to function if we did not have computers to help us, and it is up to us to protect the information that we put in them. It sounds like this course has given you a great background to use as you work with computers in the future.
ReplyDeleteCrystal---
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that everything in the program went well. I too have learned a lot, and like you, realized there are things I should have done a long time ago in the way of computer safety. I would also be in quite the predicament if I lost all my pictures and music. Also, what kind of free anti-virus did you settle on, I'd be curious to find out?
It think the idea of all microprocessors failing to work is pretty much impossible. Since the Internet is so huge and there are so many computers in the world, the chance of something like that happening is not good at all. However, I think that we could have some network issues world wide at some point and that may make our lives a big headache. But I feel that there are more and more people, like us, learning about how computers work, if something does happen, it would not take long to get things back up and running again.
ReplyDelete