When looking at all of the work and seeing what we have to do in this class, I feel overwhelmed. I have had to do many portfolios in the past and I remember how much work they are. I know I will be able to get it done. First, I need to organize what needs to be done in this class and all the assignments. I would also want to be able to map out what needs to be done. Once I can see the big picture, I think I will feel a lot better.
When looking online for portfolio examples, I found many different types. I found some that were website looking, while others were just a long paragraph and paper looking type of portfolio. When looking at these, I hope to have more of a website type of look. I think that looks most professional.
I agree that creating a portfolio can be overwhelming. I am glad that we have a class like this that will work with us and help us create it gradually instead of completely on our own at the end of the program.
ReplyDeleteI also agree that our portfolios should have a website feel to them. I think that we can accomplish this with our google sites experience. I also think that we will be able to do some peer review which will be beneficial.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteAfter seeing many of the examples out there - I too was able to start thinking about the set up of my portfolio. I also think that a web site is easier to find information and has a cleaner professional look. What is the goal of your portfolio? Do you plan on using your portfolio as a work in progress to show growth and development (always changing and being updated) or being more of a resume to an employer?
DeleteI too am feeling overwhelmed at the thought of creating another portfolio. I too remember lots and lots of hours, for what is unfortunately never used. My hope is that I will use this and continue to expand on it. As you stated the first part is getting organized. Isn't it amazing how many different type of portfolios are out there? I too liked the ones that were set up on websites. Online portfolios offer so much more potential than hard copy ones. The portfolios I seemed to like the best were created through google sites or weebly.com.
ReplyDelete