Week 3 of 550
- What is the greatest challenge that I have encountered as an online teacher/facilitator and how did I manage it? (If you have not yet taught online what do you think would be the greatest challenge for online teachers/facilitators?).
I have never taught online. However, I think one of the biggest challenges would be to always present a variety of information in a variety of formats. I think it is easy to do a PowerPoint every time. However, as a student I know I would get very bored and would tune the lesson out. As teacher it would be my goal to prevent this from happening. This would be a big challenge that I would have to overcome if I taught in an online environment. - Some things that I feel are really important to consider about synchronous and asynchronous facilitation as I prepare to facilitate my threaded and web conference discussions are. . .
I want to keep all of my students engaged. I know it is easy to be distracted by things around you or other things on our “to do” list. However, I think it is important for my students to hear what I have to say and participate in my lesson. I considered many different ways to ensure all of my students participate in my lesson. - I choose my particular discussion topic because . . .
I think feedback is very important. I also think that since it means a lot to me to receive and give feedback, I will be able to portray this to my classmates in my lesson. - One thing that I thought about when developing rubrics for the 2 different discussions is. .
I first thought about what I wanted my students to get out of the lesson. By setting up a rubric, it lets them know what to expect and allows me to portray to them that I want them to get out of my lesson. It also helps to ensure that I get full participation if all of my students want a good grade.
I agree that providing a variety of tasks is crucial to keeping students engaged. Do you have any examples of how you plan on presenting materials? What else would you do besides a powerpoint?
ReplyDelete